Micarta® is a line of premium industrial laminates that includes canvas, linen, paper and nylon-reinforced phenolic sheets.
Canvas reinforced phenolic material has good mechanical and impact strength with a continuous operating temperature of 250 degrees F.
Linen reinforced phenolic material has good mechanical and electrical strength and a continuous operating temperature of 250 degrees F.
Micarta board is recommended for intricate, high-strength parts.
Paper-reinforced phenolic has high-impact resistance and excellent tensile, compressive and flexural strength. Nylon reinforced phenolic has superior electrical properties under humid conditions, is fungus-resistant and has a continuous operating temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Good mechanical and impact strength
- Good mechanical and electrical strength
- High impact resistance
- Excellent tensile, compressive and flexural strength
- Superior electrical properties in humid conditions
Applications for Micarta®
- Electrical insulators
- Printed circuit board substrates
- Structural components