Prototyping of Plastic and Metal Parts
Dielectric Manufacturing helps manufacturers design and build better products through our metal and plastic prototyping service. Prototyping is an excellent way to test a component before investing in full-scale production. With our prototyping services, you can test multiple versions of your design before manufacturing for optimal results.
Our customers rely on our extensive design experience and our expertise in the properties of plastic and metal materials to collaborate in the design of parts and components for their manufacturing or assembly processes.
That includes prototyping of new products and enhancements to existing products.
Dielectric Manufacturing offers a complete range of prototyping capabilities:
- Stereolithography (SLA) 3D printing – produces parts one layer at a time with an ultraviolet laser that traces a cross-section of the pattern on the surface of a liquid resin. This cures and solidifies the pattern and joins it to the layer below. 3D Printing is the quickest process, but does not always offer the accuracy of other methods.
- Cast Urethane prototypes – for highly accurate, geometrically complex models and end-use parts.
- Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) prototypes – for models and end-use parts made from a wide selection of materials with optional value-added operations.
Benefits of Plastic Prototype Manufacturing:
- It allows you to test your product design and identify any potential problems.
- It can save you time and money in the long run.
- It allows you to make changes to your product design before you commit to mass production.
- It can help you to get feedback from potential customers.
- It can help you to improve your product design.
Dielectric Manufacturing also offers short-run manufacturing in conjunction with our plastic prototype manufacturing, and as a stand-alone service.
“Oftentimes when we request a new part, Dielectric will come back with suggestions on how to make it work better, or how it can be machined more cost-effectively.”