Search Other Materials
Inconel™ Nickel-Chrome Super Alloy
Inconel™ is a nickel-chrome-based super alloy, with the name a registered trademark of Special Metals Corp. The alloy is used in extreme environments due to its high strength in temperature ranges from cryogenic to 1,400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Inconel 625 has a high tensile strength range of 103 to 160 ksi. Melting points have been noted as high as 2,460º F.
Examples of Inconel™ applications include use in parts for the Space Shuttle and SpaceX. It is also found in automotive parts, gas turbine components, deep-sea well drilling, and chemical plant equipment.
Characteristics of Inconel®
- Oxidation resistance
- High corrosion resistance
- Creep resistance
- Strength at high temperatures
Inconel™ has various melting points in Fahrenheit:
- Inconel™ 600 = 2,4690° to 2,57°
- Inconel™ 617 = 2,430° to 2,511°
- Inconel™ 625 = 2,350° to 2,460°
- Inconel™ 690 = 2,449° to 2,511°
- Inconel™ X-750 = 2,530° to 2,610°
Contact Dielectric Manufacturing to discuss the use of Inconel™ for your parts.