Cost-effective and lightweight, polypropylene thermoplastic is easily welded, formed and machined. With its balance of chemical, thermal and electrical properties and good strength-to-weight ratio, this thermoplastic material is suitable for many applications.
Polypropylene has excellent chemical and solvent resistance and very low gas and water vapor permeability. As a result, it is used extensively in the semiconductor industry.
It is also a good choice for the food processing industry. With a hard, high-gloss surface, it is suitable for environments in which bacteria is a concern including applications involving direct food contact.
Its good insulating properties, excellent arc resistance and dielectric strength also make polypropylene a good choice for electrical applications. It can be modified to be conducive or anti-static.
- Good thermal insulation properties
- Excellent chemical and fatigue resistance
- Easily welded and machined
- Superior dielectric strength
Applications for Polypropylene Thermoplastic
- Medical equipment and components
- Semiconductor processing equipment
- Food processing equipment
- Food packaging
- Solar collectors
- Electrical switch gears
- Pump and valve components
- Fluid dispensing parts
- Piping systems
- Electrical insulation
- Tanks, tank covers and liners